LoopMe Opt Out
Effective October 16, 2020Download
Table of Contents
Alternative Opt Out Options
- Mobile Application Opt-Out
Simply update your mobile device settings to opt-out of LoopMe ads on your mobile applications.
iOS Devices: Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking
Android Devices: Google Settings App > Ads > Opt Out of Interest-based Advertising
- Industry Opt-Out Mechanisms
We adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and participate in the opt-out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. You can bulk opt-out of all participating companies through any of these sites.
Opt Out Rights under California Consumer Privacy Act
- Our tracking mechanisms operate at the device and browser level, to fully opt-out across devices, you will need to do so on each device and browser individually.
- Please note you may still see advertisements, if you opt-out or delete your data, but those adverts will not be tailored to your interests.
LoopMe Privacy Notice
Effective March 17, 2022Download
Table of Contents
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to LoopMe’s use of User’s personal information in connection with our services. You are a User when you visit a page of a website or app of one of LoopMe’s partners where LoopMe is serving interest based advertising.
|1. Who we are and what we do||+|
We follow the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles, the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Code of Conduct and we are a member of the IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau) in the UK.If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please get in touch using the details in the How to contact us section below.
We work with a number of businesses helping advertisers to promote their products and services to interested audiences by connecting them with websites and apps with space to offer for advertising (these we refer to as publishers). LoopMe helps advertisers to deliver relevant online advertising to visitors (i.e. you) to publisher websites and apps.
At LoopMe, we understand the advertising technology ecosystem and its many acronyms may be complex to understand. To help, we have produced a glossary of the common industry terms, which can be found below:
LoopMe plays multiple roles within the ecosystem, from SSP, DSP to DMP, we have circled the different roles we may play below:
|2. What information we collect and why||+|
|3. What cookies and similar technologies we use in our services?||+|
● Cookie based identification
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are created on your device through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Cookies are used to identify a user and store a randomly generated identifier to identify his or her browser across visits. LoopMe drops cookies if you are using a web or mobile browser in order to identify you as a unique user.
● Cookieless identification
If you or your browser has blocked the dropping of cookies, LoopMe may use identification methodology based on IP address, browser and device characteristics. This allows LoopMe to uniquely identify a user in order to provide the effective delivery of our services and in order continue serving advertising which is relevant to that user’s interests.
|4. Who we share your information with?||+|
|We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:|
|5. Your rights||+|
Please note that, even though you have opted out of LoopMe:
If you are using a mobile device, you may be able to opt out of receiving IBA by LoopMe based on app usage data, through your device settings as described below. We provide the following descriptions solely for informational purposes. For additional information and up to date methods of opting out, you should consult your device settings, and instructions provided by device manufacturers. Additional information can be found at www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options.
|6. Legal Basis for Processing (EEA and UK user only)||+|
|7. How we keep personal information secure||+|
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
|8. International Data Transfers||+|
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our primary servers are located in Germany, and our Group Companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA or the UK in accordance with European Union data protection law.
|9. Data retention||+|
LoopMe retains personal information based on how long the specific data is required for legal or business purposes (for example, we will keep a browsing event information for 13 months).
When we no longer need personal data, we securely delete or anonymise it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives) then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. Aggregated data, which cannot identify a device/browser (or individual) and is used for purposes of reporting and analysis, is maintained for as long as commercially necessary.
None of our services are directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under 16 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a personal data belongs to an individual under 16, we will not use or maintain his/her personal data. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
|11. California Privacy Rights||+|
|This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “ Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.|
As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by:
Right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information.
California law classifies our use of these services as a “sale” of your Personal Information to the companies that provide the services. This is because we allow them to collect information from our website users (e.g., online identifiers and browsing activity) so they can help serve ads more likely to interest you. To opt-out of this ” sale,” click on this link where you can opt out of personalised recommendations. We will need to confirm your identity and California residency to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Personal information that we collect, use and share
|12. How to contact us||+|
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding our use of your personal information or
this Privacy Notice please feel free to contact us / our data protection officer at privacy@LoopMe.com.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
Effective September 24, 2021Download
Table of Contents
- Identification data and contact details – including your name, home address, email address, phone number and other contact information, gender, date of birth, nationality/ies, national identifiers (such as national ID/passport, social security number(s)), photograph (if submitted).
- Employment history – such as previous employers and job titles/positions.
- Background information – such as academic/professional qualifications, job qualifications, education, details included in your CV/résumé (which might include details of your personal interests, extracurricular activities, skills and achievements, family information, any memberships or other interests which constitute sensitive personal information), transcripts and employment references.
- Details of your nominated referees - including their name, contact details, employer and job role.
- Details of your work permit and/or immigration/visa status.
- Previous applications/roles - information relating to previous applications you have made to the Company's Group and/or any previous employment history with the Company's Group.
- Performance on tests or trial exercises - conducted by us or recruitment agencies to assess your skills suitability to a role.
- Diversity information - provided voluntarily as part of recruitment surveys.
- Other information you voluntarily provide - throughout the process, including through assessment centers/exercises and interviews. This may include existing and expected salary and bonus, your willingness to relocate, travel arrangements and preferences, job expectations and links to your portfolio (including any links to portfolios on social media platforms that you send us).
- Information provided via our recruitment platform providers - (such as Workable Software Limited and LinkedIn Talent Hub), including for example the website/platform on which you saw our Ad and applied for a role.
- References - provided by referees, former employers or any person who refers you to us.
- Other background information - provided or confirmed by academic institutions, professional organisations and/or training or certification providers.
- On occasion criminal records data - may be obtained through criminal records checks where strictly relevant in terms of the role offered (such as certain director positions) and where permissible under applicable law).
- Information provided by background checking agencies - and other external database holders for example, credit reference agencies and professional/other sanctions registries.
- Information provided by recruitment or executive search agencies - e.g. LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Information collected from publicly available sources - such as work-related social media platforms you use or other information available online but only to the extent these are relevant to the role (e.g. details of your career and experience on LinkedIn).
- Information from immigration/work permit status advisors - who, when needed, assist in filings to obtain appropriate work permits or visas.
- our recruitment platform providers, e.g. Workable Software Limited and LinkedIn Talent Hub;
- recruitment or executive search agencies involved in your recruitment, e.g. LinkedIn Recruiter;
- background checking or other screening providers and relevant local criminal records checking agencies (only where relevant to the role and permissible under applicable law);
- workforce solutions providers (e.g. Entity Solutions) to the extent that we are recruiting/hiring in a region where we do not have a business entity;
- data storage, shared services, IT developers and support providers and providers of hosting services in relation to our careers website; and
- third parties who provide support and advice including in relation to legal, financial/audit, management consultancy, insurance, health and safety, security and intel and whistleblowing/reporting issues.
- where you have provided your consent;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a summons, subpoena, government audit or search warrant;
- in response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for tax, immigration, health and safety, national security or law enforcement purposes);
- as necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual legal claims;
- where necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person; and/or
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, provided that your information is only used for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- our legitimate interests (as summarised above in Section 3) - which are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, particularly taking into consideration the safeguards that we put in place, for example, those outlined in Section 4 above;
- to comply with applicable legal obligations such as immigration and/or employment laws and regulations;
- to take steps prior to entering an employment contract with you, where you are considered for employment;
- where we have your consent to do so. Note, where we have requested your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- to protect the rights and legitimate interests of LoopMe or its Group Companies, our employees, applicants and others, as required and permitted by applicable law.
- in accordance with the retention periods set out in the LoopMe Employment Contracts and Employee Handbooks (where you become our employee); or
- for a period of up to 3 years after confirmation that your application was unsuccessful unless you request that we delete your application.
- the right to request access to, correction of, updates to, or deletion of your personal information;
- the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your information;
- where we process your personal information on the basis of consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- the right to complain to a data protection authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the applicable legislation. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Identifiers: “Identifiers” covers a broad range of information, including name, email address, postal address and telephone number. In connection with our recruitment activities, we collect some CCPA personal information in this category including name, email address, phone number and postal addresses as part of the application process. If we require a background check, we may collect information like your social security number to run such checks. We collect IP addresses when you connect to our job sites. If you click on a recruiting post we place on sites like LinkedIn, we may create an identifier that helps us know that you interacted with our post. These sorts of identifiers are connected to your recruiting file.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law includes a broad range of information such as race, citizenship status, sex, gender identity and disability. As described above, when you apply for a job we may in some circumstances request information of this nature such as racial/ethnic origin, gender and disabilities on a voluntary basis.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Where the job application process is online, we may collect CCPA personal information in this category, such as your interactions with our job sites.
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information: If you visit LoopMe facilities, your entry and exit from lobbies and other areas of our facilities may be monitored by CCTV.
- Professional or employment-related information: As part of the candidate screening process, we collect CCPA personal information in this category, such as information on your CV/résumé.
- Information. You can request information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months including: the categories of Personal Information we have collected; the sources from which we collected Personal Information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient; whether we have sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-out of sales. If we sell your Personal Information, you can opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
- calling us toll free on 1-866-I-OPT-OUT and entering service code 815# to leave us a message;
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- sending a request by mail to LoopMe Limited, 107 Cheapside, EC2V 6DN, Attn: Privacy; or
- submitting a request by completing the webform found here.